March 29, 2014
Another quilt back from scraps
I had quite a few scraps of patterned fabric left over when I finished the quilt I made from Carolyn Friedlander's "Focal" pattern. Rather than re-sorting them into my scrap bins, or just discarding them, I decided to piece them together, along with some hand-dyed scraps, making some blocks that I would use in some fashion for the back of the quilt. Preliminary sections are in the pile above. Below, I've sorted some out into blocks, next to the finished top.
Not sure yet where I'll go from here. I could separate blocks with solid fabric, or I could piece everything together. (And if I love what I come up with, I'll change it to a top rather than a back.) I've got all the scraps sewn into units with at least three or four pieces. Now I have to put this aside for a while, as I need to prepare for a retreat I'm going to in 10 days, including a couple of new idea-based projects that need some extended thinking and sketching/planning.