I'm very happy with this quilt! The fabric is all hand-dyed by me (dyeing discussed here). The pattern is "Union Station" by Janine Burke, published in Colorful Quilts, by Amy Walsh and Janine Burke. The back is one large piece of hand-dyed fabric.
Here's a close-up of the quilting. I chose a dark charcoal thread; I like how the design disappears in the black stripes.
Mary Walck, my go-to long-arm quilter. She did a great job with the quilting, but it's also interesting to me that even while she was following my design, it has her own "signature"--quilting is like hand-writing that way.
For the binding, I did a machine-stitched binding, sewn first onto the back and then flipped to the front. I used a "faux-piped binding" method that involves piecing two binding strips together, resulting in a small flange on the front of the binding.
The method is designed for having the flange in a contrasting color, but if you do both strips the same color, it still has the advantage of giving you a very clear line to follow when doing the top-stitching on the front, and the stitching gets buried in the seam. This was my first try at using all one color--I like it! Thanks to fellow Galesburg quilt guild member, Ron Bishop, for telling us about this method, and for suggesting doing it with all one color. The next photo shows how the binding looks on the front of the quilt (lower horizontal) and how it looks on the back (upper). One does end up with a line of straight stitching around the edge of the back. I forgot to put thread in the bobbin to match the green of the background fabric, which would have made it less noticeable. But being the same color as the rest of the quilting, it still looks OK.