January 22, 2019

Done!


I don't always keep track of how long it takes me to complete a quilt, but on this set of projects made with African fabrics, I know I started on December 7, 2018, when I took a workshop with Bill Kerr on using large-scale fabrics, so five projects done over the course of 6 weeks, with one of those weeks spent out of town.  (The two pale green baby-quilt tops I'm leaving just as tops until I have someone to give them to.) I've posted before about the flying geese baby quilts, and the half-square triangle lap-sized quilt. I then went on to make a table runner and baby quilt out of what I had left from the yardage from which I made a table cloth some months ago. I used another large piece of African fabric on the back of each piece.


I particularly like the back of the table runner (below).  Maybe this will turn out to be the front.


 I bound the table runner in some hand-dyed rusty-red fabric, and the baby quilt with pieces of the same African fabric as the front.



 And here's a photo of the finished and bound lap-sized quilt. I used a deep royal blue batik for the binding.
And the back.

I've enjoyed working through this sequence of quilts, seeing how one thing could lead to another. Now I'm ready to do a significant clean-up in the studio, in preparation to start on some new work.

No comments:

Post a Comment