August 2, 2020

Catching Up: Daiwabo--four projects completed

About a year ago, I posted about the large collection of daiwabo fabric that I was given by my friend Kathy.  I made a tablerunner for Kathy, and then cut out pieces for three additional quilts, two napping-size quilts and one wall hanging. I put them aside, to work on when I wanted to do some simple piecing.  One of them I pieced together at the annual retreat of Quilters by Design, the small group Kathy and I both belong to. The retreat was March 9-12. Within a day or two of returning home, the shutdown began. Amidst the disruption and anxiety caused by the pandemic, I found myself wanting to do some simple patchwork sewing, rather than doing the final work on Jeremy's wedding quilt. It was nice to have the daiwabo quilts, all ready to be pieced. Working on these gave me the break I needed before coming back to the wedding quilt.  The four projects:

Kathy's tablerunner (from September 2019
I can't find a photo of the whole tablerunner, but this gives an idea.


Half-square triangle napping quilt, 56x72"
I did diagonal straight-line quilting in both of these half-square triangle quilts,
which I think worked well. Click on photo to see detail.

Half-square triangle wall hanging, 36 x 36"

Zen Chic pattern, "Play a Card," 49 x 72"

This one still needs to be sandwiched and quilted.








4 comments:

  1. All four are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and they are really lovely. I TOTALLY get what you mean about doing some simple piecing. I did the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The earthy colors and textures all work so well together. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete