August 15, 2021

Finished blanket


The finished blanket is two layers only, sewn together with a "pillowcase binding," no quilting. I had dyed up a length of linen the same charcoal color I used for the top, thinking I would line the blanket with that. But I kept thinking about how I liked the feel of the fleece throw I've been using for naps. Fleece would be too heavy for a second layer on this, but then I thought of "minky," which is similar to fleece but thinner and even softer. I found a nice gold color, available in a wide enough piece that I didn't have to seam it together. Done! 

For the story of this blanket and its making, click on this post.

 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous. What a great idea for a lining. It looks great, definitely one of my faves as I told you before (I have 2) and I can just see the streams of steam coming up out of the bowl of chicken soups and enveloping you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and comforting just to see that photo. Thank you for all of the thoughtful and interesting "roads" into your thoughts.
    Love, D.

    ReplyDelete